GAMC MEMBERS’ CODE OF CONDUCT (01/01/2016)
Aim of this code:
The Gippsland Acoustic Music Club Incorporated (GAMC) provides musical activities including concerts, festivals, workshops, singing groups, instrumental groups, camps and lesson programs. The Club aims to provide these musical opportunities for all, in a family friendly, smoke free environment.
Prospective members may apply to the GAMC Committee for membership, as per the Model Rules.
Upon accepting to become a member of the GAMC , members (including Committee members) agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
Every person involved with the activities of GAMC, should work to ensure:
- Opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the musical activities
- Respect is shown towards others, the club and the broader community
- A safe and inclusive musical environment for all
- Non-tolerance of violent behaviour, offensive language, bullying and generally offensive behaviour
- Non-tolerance of behaviours affected by alcohol, drugs and/or other behaviours which are illegal and/or reflect poorly on GAMC, and bring the club’s image into one of ill repute.
- Protection from sexual harassment and personal intimidation.
- GAMC respects individual rights of expression in a non-offensive manner. As an individual’s point of view, the club will not be drawn to reflect those views. Political or offensive views are inconsistent with this Code of Conduct.
- Normal practice at all GAMC meetings is for any conflict of interest to be declared.
- Any general or committee member, with a declared conflict of interest, is required to absent themselves from related discussion and decisions where requested at any GAMC meeting.
- Any payment of GAMC funds made to a GAMC member or committee person must be for club services rendered, and a tax invoice received as proof of payment.
- No exemption from payment of normal member costs will be made without committee approval in special circumstances.
- No committee member shall act or represent GAMC in a unilateral manner without committee delegation and/or prior agreement by the GAMC Committee.